Monday, April 19, 2010

A Brief Hiatus


I know, I know... It's been more than a week since I updated last... Ok, more than two weeks... Hush.

  • Continued painting four bases of Teutonic Order knights (FoG)
  • Completed two bases of Byzantine Cavalry archers (FoG) to finish off the unit. Also completed the basing on a couple of dozen bases to make them look a little prettier than bare card.
  • Finished gluing together my Daemonhost Coterie for the Renegade Guard army (WH40K)
  • Completed my Grey Knight Adeptus Astartes for Inquisitor!

Yay! I got the old guy finished and he's turned out better than I had hoped (even if I do say so myself). I thought I'd manage to get him painted faster than it actually took (about 6 hours total), but he was finished in time for the Inquisitor game last weekend so all is good. See the following three shots:





The game was heaps of fun. Brother-Justicar Ezekiel teleported down into a rocky canyon to be faced by an Arbites enforcer and her pet metal dog and then hit in the back of the shoulder by a las-bolt! The unfortunate mutant with the lasgun was turned into a bloody pulp by a hail of storm-bolter rounds, an act that seemed to upset a nearby Inquisitor who seemed to be interested in talking to the old fellow. Said Inquisitor then seemed hell-bent on asking numerous irrelevant questions while a swarm of local fauna (read: hormagaunts, genestealsers and a tyranid!) decided to join the party. I managed to convince the Inquisitor that maybe the present was not quite the best time for a friendly chat, and engaged all and sundry alien monsters with bolt shell and mind-powered force halbard!

After we dispatched numerous xenos beasts, it became apparent that there was quite likely a rather limitless supply of the beasts, and I extended the invitation to the Inquisitor and his cronies to join me in my transport ship in high orbit. With a crackle and a flash of light, we vanished from the surface of the supposedly 'barren' world to ponder the content of the unfortunate mutant's pockets. It was a great game, and I look forward to having another crack.

Other than this my time has been rather poorly spent on the miniature wargaming front. The purchase of a new computer and Napoleon: Total War has absorbed rather more of my spare time than I had intended (although no less than anticipated). The likelyhood of me achieving my goal of a painted Teutonic Order army in time for the Lionheart tournament in two weeks is next to nil. Instead, I'll give my Komnenan Byzantine list another go, perhaps with a few tweaks learnt in my game against an interestingly constructed Late Imperial Roman army last weekend.

Additionally, I seem to be getting once more sucked into the idea of Napoleonic wargaming. I purchased a copy of the Lasalle rules last week and I'm quite impressed by what I see so far. The Prussian army is appealing to me, so maybe there's something more I need to add to my To Do list...

No comments:

Post a Comment