Thursday, March 25, 2010

Stay On Target


It seems I am going through a phase of uncertainty as to what exactly I want to do with my modelling/painting time!

  • Completed painting a Phoenix Battleship and a Cobra Cruiser for my Thaniras fleet (TUS)
  • Continued painting the Dark Angels Rhino (WH40K)
  • Started painting 4 bases of Teutonic Brother-knights (FoG)
  • Resumed conversion work on my Grey Knight character (Inquisitor)

The Thaniras Elf fleet got another run last weekend with a small 400 point battle against the mighty Iron Dwarves. Things started off really well when I managed to engage the three dwarven cruisers on their own with almost my entire fleet. It all went pear-shaped from there as the Gods of Dice deserted me and the dwarven flame-throwing Belcher submarines got close enough to engage. Needless to say, it wasn't pretty!

Witnessing a game of Inquisitor last Sunday has inspired me to resume work on converting my Grey Knight model, after more years than I care to admit of ignoring it. The image below is a work in progress - well, it was going to be the final product, but then I got ambitious and decided to rip his hands off and try and model a nemesis force halberd... I'm also not 100% happy with the way the book on the chestplate turned out. We'll have to wait and see how it goes...

Another parcel from Forge World just arrived containing the Renegade Psykers and Nurgle Chaos Marine Sorcerer. I might have to put the Grey Knight on hold and resume modelling Plague Zombies to finish the psyker battle squad for the Renegade Guard army now that the daemonhost leading it has arrived. Or maybe I should just finish one thing before returning to the other - there's likely another Inquisitor game next meeting, so I need to get him finished and painted!

I'm getting keen to have another game of FoG too, so I've been concentrating on continuing with the Teutonic Order army during my lunch breaks at work. It really is a pain in the arse painting white, but after if I get all the Order models finished first, I'll be able to relax with the native rabble to finish the army off. Also, I may be able to at least borrow some miniatures for a game or two if I have the distinctive core elements all done...

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment