Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Slow Going


I've been chopping and changing a lot this week. Unfortunately no models completed (gasp!), but I have returned to a number of old(er) projects:

  • Continued painting Dark Angels Rhino (WH40K)
  • Glued together a Renegade Militia Heavy Weapon Team and converted some Plague Zombies for the Battle Psyker Squad (WH40K)
  • Started painting another Cobra Cruiser and a Phoenix Battleship for my Thaniras Elves fleet (TUS)
  • Constructed four six more tiles for my modular terrain board.

Reading the Battle Missions book (WH40K) and re-reading Siege of Vraks, Volume 1 has given me some inspiration to make more terrain. Four of the new terrain tiles I made are trench tiles, making enough for a single defensive trench line to stretch across the width of the game board when playing length-wise. This should add a little spice variation to our games in the future!

The renegade milita conversion set left me with a lot of spare Cadian guardsmen bodies, and these are coming in nice and handy for the Plague zombies that will make up the numbers in my psyker battle squad. I've ordered the rather cool renegade psyker pack from Forge World that'll provide me with a suitable model for a daemonhost to lead the pack of living dead into battle.

Re-focusing my efforts into The Uncharted Seas for the club meeting next weekend has necessitated the removal of the Inquisitor models from my painting table. This is probably a good thing, as I have renewed enthusiasm for completing the conversion of the Space Marine miniature for Inquisitor into a Grey Knight, and that wasn't something I wanted to rush!

Well - TUS is top of my priority list at the moment, and I really should make a final decision on which FoG army to use at Lionheart in May. Teutonic Order versus Muromachi Japanese versus Nikephorian Byzantine (tried and tested - and very little left to paint to make the army viable!). Decisions, decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment