Monday, March 8, 2010

Angelus Acerbus


The end of this week heralded a change of direction:

  • Completed painting two Teutonic Order Sub-commanders (FoG).
  • Started painting one Dark Angels Rhino APC (WH40K).
  • Undercoated six more Dark Angels Tactical Marines (WH40K) and glued together a unit of five Dark Angels Scouts.

The resurgent interest in Warhammer 40,000 in our group has given me some more incentive to get some progress done on my Dark Angels army. Completion of the Rhino and marines listed above will enable me to field a complete 500 point army to get the troops gamed with.

I picked up a copy of the Battle Missions book for WH40K on the weekend, and I like it (with a couple of notable exceptions). For the most part the various missions seem to be a variation in one form or another of the different combinations available in the main rulebook. However, each includes its own variant on victory conditions and a special rule or two to add a little spice to the game. I think most of them are well done and will add some interesting tactical challenges to our games.

The Uncharted Seas is looking likely for the next meeting, and a suggestion of slightly larger games means I will once more need to alter my planned painting schedule to squeeze in a few more ships. My enthusiasm for Inquisitor is waning a little - maybe I'll give it a miss this time and see how well it gets taken up by our group. I have got to start rationalising what I paint!

I've had a brief scan of my Painting Tally (left), and it seems this blog is at least achieving its primary stated aim: get me painting more models! I think I have probably painted more figures in the first two months of this year than I did in the entirety of 2009. Just need to ensure I keep the momentum going...

No comments:

Post a Comment