Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Change of Plans?

Another week passes, and a couple more mini's painted:

  • Completed two bases of Teutonic Order 'Crusader' Knights (FoG).
  • Started painting two Teutonic Order Sub-commander bases (FoG).
  • Completed building the Renegade Militia Leman Russ Punisher and Sentinel (WH40K), adding a few etched-brass icons and plates.

It looks like a game of Inquisitor is on the cards for the next club meeting. I've been keen to play this game ever since getting the first edition of the rulebook many years ago. A distinct lack of opponents has made this impossible, but now's my chance! The only problem is my figs are unpainted, and one was recently 'accidentally knocked over' onto the floor and shattered into its constituent parts... Such a pain in the arse gluing models together!

I've been doing a little thinking about the Teutonic Order list, and still haven't come to a conclusion. I know the benefits of having a high number of battlegroups, but I'm still rather averse to the idea of half my army being made up of poor quality troops. An Inspired Commander C-in-C may mitigate this somewhat, but is it enough? Still pondering... At least what I've painted to date is the immutable core of the list, so I still have some time before being forced into any further decisions.

My youngest daughter's second birthday last weekend reigned in my opportunities to paint over the weekend, so I'm lagging quite a bit behind on getting the Teutonics painted. The Inquisitor figures will further slow this down. Maybe I need to reconsider the list and make it a little more 'elite' to reduce the number of figures to paint!

Well, a short post this time, more next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment