Sunday, January 24, 2010

Islands of the Broad Blue (or even the Caribbean!)


First things first: progress on my painting list... Ok, a little slack, but something is better than nothing!

  • I've painted the base colours on fourteen Moria Goblins for my Angmar list (WotR). No piccies (left the models at work!).
  • I've glued together one (1) Renegade Milita Enforcer, and one (1) Renegade Beastman conversion (WH40K).

I'm really liking the look of the Forge World militia. Are they worth the price? Probably not. Do I care? Not in the least. They're damn nice.

I'm having difficulty focusing on my 'primary' objectives - most of my evenings have been spent trolling The Uncharted Seas forum for as much info as I can get on the game. My Maelstrom order is still 'Processing'; not unexpected as the fleet box needs to be ordered in.

So - in order to satiate my need to do something for the game, I've extracted some of the polistyrene that's been hybernating in my cupboard for the last three years and knocked up some craggy islands for the game. My thoughts are they will work nicely for The Uncharted Seas, and will even fill a niche in my terrain collection for islands for my 1/1200 scale Napoleonic Naval games. If I refrain from modelling pristine sandy beaches, they'll even double as rocky outcrops for any skirmish style wargames (WotR, WH40K, AT-43...).

Five islands under construction (and a whole lot of mess!).

Once the glue is dry, I'll trim the base to the edge of the islands so there'll be no overhang. Then I'll whack on a coat of textured paint to smooth it out and grit it up a little. Finally it'll be the fun bit of fun painting them up and flocking them!

Well, enough for now. With a bit of luck, the next post will be some piccies of the finished islands!

No comments:

Post a Comment