Monday, February 1, 2010

Land Ahoy!


Ok, keep the momentum flowing: progress! Not a huge amount of progress in the painting department, but at least I'm getting miniatures assembled...

  • 14 Moria Goblins (WotR) completed (well - except for the bases... I'm getting slack with bases it seems...)
  • Painting initiated on another 13 Moria Goblins (WotR), and 20 Ghostly Legion glued together and awaiting painting.
  • The command squad of my Chaos Renegade Militia (WH40K) glued together, being: 1 Champion (Lord Commissar), 1 Icon bearer, 2 militia troopers, a militia artillery spotter (Master of Ordnance), and 2 mutated beastmen brutes (Bodyguards). The previously glued together Enforcer will work nicely as the Senior Officer of the squad.
  • Finally, I glued together two of the Parliament Cavalry (WECW) that I received a couple of weeks ago. I'm still marvelling at the detail Warlord have managed to sculpt into their plastics!

The Forge World models are continuing to impress. The sword of the Champion had warped a little, but a short soaking in hot water and a bit of pressure quickly straightened it up. I found a sprue of chaos mutations from an old Chaos Marine box that gave me a nice set of conversion pieces to knock up the beastmen. Maybe I should start painting these guys before I lose a bit of inspiration...

The islands I started making for The Uncharted Seas have come up quite nicely! Five of them, large and small, should do quite nicely as a starting point. The darker flock in the pictures didn't apply very well with watered down PVA glue, so I had to change my plans slightly and use them only sparingly in crevices where they had more than a flat surface to stick to. Ah well, still happy with the result.



I also finally received word that my order for the Thaniras Elf fleet has been dispatched! With just a little bit of luck I'll get them before this weekend (yeah, right) and be able to start painting them - with just two weeks before the scheduled game at the February club meeting...

No comments:

Post a Comment